In May we will be hosting three seminars in collaboration with Listen, Inc. The seminars will take place in Denmark, UK and Germany.
The upcoming and free one-day seminar will give you the opportunity to learn about the latest within headphone test systems and methods by industry experts Peter Wulf-Andersen (G.R.A.S.), Steve Temme (Listen, Inc.) and guest speaker Chris Struck (CJS LABS).
Locations and Dates:
Bedford, UK - May 15th
Copenhagen area (Holte), Denmark - May 18th
Hannover, Germany - May 19th
Curious on what it is all about? Watch the highlights from the recently held seminars in US including the participants’ assessments here.
- 8.30am – Check in and breakfast
- 9.00am - Introduction
- Overview of Headphone Test Systems and tools
- Traditional tools vs. modern consumer demands
- Introduction to head and ear related terminology and definitions.
- Historical perspective and background for the tools and standards used today.
- Limitations vs. Possibilities in term of the measurement capabilities. How does that relate to the modern challenges with Bluetooth and ANC related testing tasks?
- Tools for Next Generation Headphone Testing
- Solutions to the challenges addressed above.
- Examples based on products and measurements.
- What about frequencies above 20kHz? Science or marketing? Measurement Consistency – Development vs. Production
- Progress in measurements from Head and Torso Simulator (KEMAR) to Production Test Fixture (45CC – flat plate). How the different components affect the measurements:
- Software and hardware for headphone testing including typical headphone measurements and test setups
- Practical examples of headphone measurements on.
- Analog Headphones
- Bluetooth Headsets
- ANC Headphones
- Lightning/USB Connected Headphones (using triggered recordings)
- Hi-Res Headphones
- In-ear monitors
- Measurements including:
- Frequency Response relative to a target response
- Left/Right tracking
- Noise attenuation
- Distortion including Non-Coherent Distortion
- Standards including Max SPL EN-50332 & IEC-60268-7
- Headphone Design (Guest Speaker Chris Struck, CJS Labs)
- Desired headphone response
- Headphone measurement standards
- Hands-on testing: Bring your own device and test it using one of our measurement setups